We're Here for You
Please know that the banking industry and Port Washington State Bank are well-positioned to handle the financial challenges ahead that many customers may experience due to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. PWSB is a strong, highly rated and well-capitalized community bank with an established pandemic plan in place to ensure continuity of service. The banking system is considered part of the nations “critical infrastructure sector” and exempted accordingly from shelter or stay-at-home directives.
Branch Access Changes
As we enter the next phase of our plan, we are temporarily closing our branch locations in Belgium, Saukville, Mequon, and Thiensville beginning Wednesday March 25. All ATMs at these offices will remain available.
Why close some locations? We have seen a marked decline in lobby visits and even the drive-thrus and know that many clients are using mobile banking, ATMs and internet banking as alternatives. Drive-thru service and loan closings will continue at the main office in Port Washington and at our Cedarburg, Grafton and Fredonia branches. Safe deposit access and other needs throughout our network will be handled by appointment. Visit this page for addresses and hours, or use the contact us form to see if we can work out a question over the phone or email.
This part of our plan allows our staff to practice further social distancing by using the closed branch spaces, and ensure uninterrupted service to you, our valued customers.
Resources for You
- We encourage you to use our online tools, including Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and Mobile Check Deposit, Bill Pay and Telebanking. With our mobile banking app, you can deposit checks, transfer funds, pay bills, get balances and more. With Internet Banking, many of these same features apply for both business and personal bank accounts. Visit this link to get started.
- Rest assured that your money is safe, thanks to strategic and sound business management by the bank, and your FDIC coverage. For questions on coverage as well as access to money, visit our FDIC FAQs.
- Be aware of cybercrimes related to COVID-19. The bank will never call you for a password, account number or personal information. Don't click on a link that does not contain our .bank domain. Read up on debit card phishing scams in our blog, and visit this link for other helpful information from the Federal Trade Commission.
- We empathize with customers who may experience financial hardship during this time. Reach out to your personal banker or lender to discuss potential solutions.
- Small businesses, we recommend you visit the Small Business Administration (SBA) website and review their disaster assistance portal. Wisconsin's Small Business Development Center has also listed information for all programs available in Wisconsin - click here for more info. You can also find virtual assistance from the Wisconsin Emergency Response program by visiting this link.
HERE FOR THE COMMUNITY
We will work as always to meet the needs of Ozaukee County residents and help the many wonderful charitable service organizations as well to serve those in need. We encourage our customers to consider purchasing gift cards to local businesses and to remember their local food pantries and elderly neighbors as they shop.
Watch for more updates at http://pwsb.bank/coronavirus.html