Featuring stability and security, a fixed-rate mortgage is the most popular of PWSB’s mortgage services.
An Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM) starts out at a fixed rate for a short period of time and then fluctuates for the rest of the term.
Special Loan Programs
We have special options for first-time homebuyers and those with low-to-moderate income and low or no down payment.
Buy a lot now so you can build later. Interest rates are low, and the equity you earn can be applied to a construction loan.
Pay interest only on the amount outstanding during the construction period.
Turn the equity in your current home into a down payment for your construction project or the purchase of an existing property.
Changing rates or changing circumstances — whatever your reasons for refinancing your mortgage, PWSB can help!
Affordable Lending & Assistance
Affordable Lending Programs
- FNMA (for first-time homebuyers)
- FDIC - FannieMae Affordable Lending Options
- Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA)
Homebuyer Counseling & Education
Down Payment Assistance
- Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Home Consortium Down Payment Assistance Grant
- Ozaukee, Washington, Waukesha and Jefferson counties
- Income and purchase price limits apply
- Up to $5,000.00 in grant money, fully forgiven at the end of five (5) years if you stay in your home for the full five years.
- FHLBC Down Payment Plus Grant
- Income limits apply
- Statewide availability
- Up to $6,000.00 with borrower contribution, fully forgiven at the end of five (5) years if you stay in your home for the full 5 years
- Minimum borrower contribution of $1,000.00